Saturday, March 2, 2013

You get PAID to do that??

Ha.  If only I had a dollar every time someone asked me that.  Yes, I am paid to draw on floors...and windows and walls and basketballs -- 'tis the glamorous job of a chalk artist.  If it is chalkboard-paint-able, it's fair game.  Windows?  Easy.  Wooden panels?  Please.  Random found objects?  Challenge accepted.  Since chalkboard paint has become all the rage on blogs & sites like Pinterest, the requests have ceased to amaze me...but I digress.  Here's an example of a re-purposing project I've recently completed.

From Peru...With Love : Re-purposed "Dangler"

 Pretty neat way to prepare any surface for chalking.  It does get thick and gunky after multiple coats, but it's nice to be able to reuse things, especially when the budget is running tight.

Hopefully sometime in the future I can experiment with the spray chalk paint.  I'm hoping it comes out more slate-like so it holds the paint without killing the pens!  Nothing hurts more than a brand new pen on a freshly painted chalk :\

Anyway, it's a short one tonight -- more to come soon!  :)

Cheers,

CY

No comments:

Post a Comment